Out with the Old...

Posted by B On 10:11 PM


Another 365 days down, and a lifetime of change. Saying a lot can happen in a year is a complete understatement. I look back to even when I first owned a VW, I was so set on just being "famous" getting on blogs doing this mag that mag.
I had the drive and motivation, I started doing research, looking at this and looking at that. I made ground quick, but the direction I headed wasn't even close to what the culture is about. Slowly I got busier and busier the car sat for longer periods of time as the years went on. I would figure some projects out and do certain things at a time. I eventually picked up a Canon, that had me blind to everything else but shooting anything to do with a camera I wanted to read up on it. It's a craft that totally blind sided me and people started to actually like what I was doing so if you are a photographer you know that will only throw fuel on the fire.  I shot plenty of crazy cars, met like minded people, and worked harder and harder at trying to get better.  Eventually the shots I was taking surfaced around took on some positions on blogs that opened up more doors an met more people. These people… Are priceless to me, only then did I really start to see what the VW is truly about. It’s not how big your RS lips are, where you got your bumpers. It’s the friend that helped you put it all on, the struggles they help you through even if it doesn’t have anything to do remotely with a car. And when you find those people no matter what car they drive, what color skin they have, what salary they make. They will always have that certain spot in your life that you would do anything in your power to return the favor they would do for you. This year I’ve thought about everything that’s happened it’s been a good eye opener as a whole, an having basically a second home in FL means the world to me. Working with organizations such as Euroimagetuning, Gengstout, Stanceworks, FCKyourcrew, Drivenmotive, DopePushers, others I might have missed out. It’s crazy to think that a year before I was on these sites browsing, wishing, hoping I’d have anything to do with them. Less sleep then last year and more work to do, Always looking at improving from the last year.